Personal Details and Contact Information:
Name : Dr. Mohammed Jamil Abdul-Sattar Habbal
Date of birth : Decembre 15., 1945
Social state : Married
Address : E-mail:email@example.com
Mobile No. 00966503781079
1) MB.ChB (Mosul University) 1967
2) DM (Baghdad University) 1974
3) MRCP (UK) 1978
4) FRCP(Edin) 1992
5) FRCP (London) 1993
Previous Jobs in chronological order (brief):
1) In Iraq: (March 1969 – December 1975). Jobs included: House Officer. SHO, Registrar, Senior Registrar mainly in general Medicine (Mosul Teaching Hospital and Medical Ctiy Teaching Hospital, Baghdad) .
2) In England: (January 1976 – October 1978)
- S.H.O - General Medicine (St. Chad’s Hospital, Birmingham)
- S.H.O & Registrar – General Medicine and Renal diseases (Wordsley Hospital, Stourbridge – Midlands).
- Passing MRCP(UK) part II examination, March 1978.
3) In Iraq:( October 1978-October 2000)
- Consultant Physician & Nephrologist - Chairman of Medical and Renal Departments in Arbil Teaching Hospital (October 1978 – November 1983).
- Consultant Physician & Nephrologist in Mosul Teaching Hospital (November 1983 – October 1986).
- Consultant Physician & Nephrologist – Chairman of Medical Department and Director of Mosul Saddam General Hospital (October 1986 – November 1988).
- Consultant Physician & Nephrologist - Chairman of Renal Department - Dialysis and Kidney Transplantation Unit, Mosul Teaching Hospital (November 1988 –October 2000).
4) In United Arab Emirates:
- Consultant Nephrologist (Locum) in Tawam Hospital, Al-Ain (UAE),July 2001-Feb.2002.
5) In Yemen:
- Consultant Physician & Nephrologist and Lecturer in Medicine and Nephrology at University of Science and Technology Hospital (Medical College) in Sana'a (October 2005 till November 2006).
6) In Kingdom Saudia Arabia:
- Consaltant Internal Medicine in King Fahad Specialist Hospital –Dammam (November 2006 till date).
1) Clinical teaching and lecturing for students of the College of Medicine, Mosul and Erbil Universities, Iraq.
2) Clinical teaching, lectures and projects supervision of postgraduate students preparing for the Iraqi and Arabic Board in Medicine (Mosul Medical College ).
3) Examiner for final year undergraduate medical students, and final year students to get the Fellowship of Iraqi Commission of Medical Specialities (FICMS).
4) Lecturer and clinical teaching in medicine and Nephrology at medical college of university of science and technology in Sana'a (fourth, fifth and sixth medical students).
Professional Organizations and NGOs:
1) Member of Iraqi Medical Association.
2) Member of Islamic Medical Association in Iraq.
3) Member of Iraqi and Arabic Societies of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation.
4) Member of European Dialysis and Transplant Association -European Renal Association (EDTA-ERA).
1. Nephrotic syndrome as a delayed complication of poisoning following exposure to Organo Mercurial Fungicide, Iraqi Med.. J. (1975) Vol. 23 No. 4 pp. 49-57.
2. Nephrotic Syndrome - Clinical and Histopathological Study. (Diploma Thesis). Baghdad University, Medical College, 1973/1974.
3. Alveolar Hydatid disease of the liver. First case report from man in Iraq, with H. Al-Attar & B. Irhyim. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology. (1993) vol. 77 No. 2 pp.595-597.
4. Upper G. I. T. endoscopy in Erbil Teaching Hospital (study of 463 cases with F. Hawez. Iraqi Medical J. (1982) vol. 29 and 30 pp. 25-36.
5. Single contrast barium meal versus endoscopy in diagnosis of duodenal ulcer (A comparative study of 174 cases), with F. Hawez Iraqi Medical J. (1983) vol. 31 pp. 102-110.
6. A double-blind controlled clinical trail of Mastic and Placebo in treatment of doudenal ulcer. With Z. Al-Habbal and Ferhad Hwez. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology (1984), vol. 11, pp. 541-544.
7. Mastic in treatment of Benign Gastric Ulcers. With F. U. Hawez. Gastroenterologica Japonica (1986) Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 273-274.
8. Light and Electron Microscopic Study of Renal Bispsies in the adult Nephrotic Syndrome in Northern Iraq. With Khalid Abdulla and Krajci. Journal of the faculty of Medicine Baghdad (1987) vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 63-74.
9. Double Blind Comparison of Trimethoprim-Sulphamethaxazole and Trimethoprim-Sulphadiazine in treatment of U. T. I. with Khalid Abdulla, Raad Ahmed, Rakan M. Ali and Basil M. Yahya, Journal of Faculty of Medicine Baghdad (1986) Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 13-21.
10. Frequency of Gall Bladder stones in patients with Endoscopic negative ulcer dyspepsia with K. Sulayman. J. Faculty Medicine (Baghdad) 1992, vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 209-212.
11. Upper G. I. T. Endoscopy in Mosul Saddam General Hospital (Study of 488 cases), with K. Sulayman. 1st Annual Medical Conference of Mosul Saddam General Hospital, 26th December, 1987.
12. Study of diurnal variations in serum and urine osmolalities and serum cortisol during Ramadan fasting, with T. Al-Dabbagh & A. J. Ahmed. Med. J. of I. M. A. of North America (1992), Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 33-39.
13. A clinico-pathological study of Nephrotic syndrome in North of Iraq,with Khalid Abdulla & H. Al-Dewachi. Journal of Scientific Med. Research Studies of Iraq (Ministry of Health), (1990), Vol. 1, pp. 48-54.
14. Significant incidence of urinary tuberculosis in patients with persistant non-specific urinary tract infection (A Clinical and Bacteriological Study), with R. Yahya M. Ali, Journal of Scientific Med. Research Studies of Iraq (Ministry of Health), (1990), Vol. 1, p. 33-42.
15. The effect of physical exercise on the arterial blood pressure, with Jamal Abed and N. Allawi. Ann Coll. Med. Mosul (1990), 16, p.47-52.
16. Medical References in the Holy Quran, with M. Z. Khedher. The J. of I. M. A. of North America (1992), Vol. 24, Abstract No. 32, p.122.
17. The certainity of “Empty Uterus” in the divorced and widowed women (Isterbraa Al-Rahem), with Raja Ismail Haqqi, the Journal of Islamic Med. Ass. Of North America, (1997), Vol. 29, p. 40-43.
18. Study of some cellular immunity elements during Ramadan with W. R. Al-Omari & Z. A. Abdullah. The Journal of Islamic Med. Ass. Of North America, (1995), vol. 31, No. 4, p. 170-175.
19. Principles of faith (Iman) and their correlation with medical & scientific versus (Ayat) in Al-Quran Al-Kareem. Journal of Islamic Med. Ass. Of North America (1998), Vol. 30, p. 20-25.
20. Lupus Nephritis: a clinico-pathological correlation study. With D. A. Kader. J. of Islamic Med. Association of North America (1998),Vol. 30, p. 57-61.
21. Predicted Creatinine Clearance in Subjects with Impaired Renal Function , with H.Mohummed & R. Al-Hamdani , Iraqi Med.J.2002 , 51 (2) :133-137 .
22. Effect of Ramadan Fasting on Certain Biochemical Parameters in Patients with Renal Transplant, with H.Y.Al-Sinjary, Annals of the College of Medicine, Mosul,2002 ; 28(2):140-142.
23. Serum Creatinine and Microalbuminuria as Sensors for Cardiovascular Risks. Al-Shifaa Med J (2004), 1(2), 3-6.
lymphoma (Report of 3 cases) with
2. Pernicious Anemia in Arbil (A report of 11 cases). Proceedings of the 1st Scientific Congress-College of Medicine - Baghdad, 24-26 April 1984, pp.185.
3. Myocardial infarction in Arbil (during the year 1981). Proceeding of 21st Annual Medical Congress of Iraqi Medical Society, Baghdad 13-15th March 1982, p. 4.
4. HBsAg in patients with renal failure and their blood donors in Mosul Renal Unit (During 1984) with Khalid Abdulla and Ahlam Kayrolla. The Abstracts Book (p. 105). The 2nd Scientific Congress-College of Medicine (Baghdad) 16-18 April, 1985.
5. HBsAg in patients with renal failure and their blood donors in Mosul Renal Unit (During 1985) with Khalid Abdulla and Ahlam Kayrolla. Proceeding of 23th Annual Medical Congress of Iraqi Medical Society (Mosul) 25-27th March, 1986, p.17.
6. HBsAg in patients with renal failure and their blood donors of Mosul Renal Unit (During 1986) with Khalid Abdulla and Ahlam Kayrolla. 24th Pan Arab Medical Congress-Cairo Egypt. 19-22 Jan. 1988, Abstracts Book. p. 39.
7. Kidney Biopsy by Ultrasound Technique, with Dr. Shada Al-Hilly. Proceedings of the 4th Scientific Congress, College of Medicine (Baghdad) p. 47, 12-14 April 1988.
8. Upper G. I. T. Endoscopy in Mosul Saddam General Hospital (Study of 488 cases), with K. Sulayman. 1st Annual Medical Conference of Mosul Saddam General Hospital, 26th December, 1987.
9. Gaucher’s Disease (case report), with Huthaifa S. Al-Dewachi. Proceedings of 1st Medical Conference of Arbil Governate. 23th-24th November 1988, p. 11.
10. Frequency of Herpetic Labialis in pateints with pneumonia and its correlation to side of the lesion, with Ghada Shafeeq. Proceding of 5th Medical Conference of Baghdad Medical College.4-6 April 1989, No. 80, p. 54.
11. Mastic in treatment of duoneal ulcer, with W. R. Al-Omari. Proceedings of 2nd Mosul Medical Conference 9-10th May 1990, Paper No. 4, p. 49.
12. Diagnosis of renal artery stenosis using Doppler technique with M. Fatah & Sh. Al-Hilli. Proceedings of 2nd Mosul Medical Conference, 9-10th May 1990, Paper No. 46, p. 91.
13. Chloramphenicol and Co-Trimaxazole resistance Typhoid fever (First case report in Iraq). Proceedings of 3rd Mosul Med. Conference, 6-7th Nov. 1991, paper No. 25, p. 84.
14. Subarachnoid hemorrhage as a complication of Electroconvulsive theapy, with D. Al-Layla, Proceedings of 3rd Mosul Medical Conference 6-7th Nov. 1991, Paper No. 24, p. 83.
15. Double-blind comparison of Mastic and Sucralfate in the treatment of doudenal ulcer. With D. J. Al-Layla and A. Al-Chalabi. Proceedings of 4th Mosul Med. Conference, 14-15th April 1993, paper no. 8, p.35.
16. When and why patient with chronic renal failure (ESRD) should be referred to Nephrologist?, Proceedings of the 6th Mosul Medical Conference 6-7 April, 1996. Abstract No. 10, p. 27.
17. Kidney transplantation in Mosul area, with R. Al-Rawi. Presented & published in the 5th Congress of Arab Nephrology & Renal Transplantation Society. Nov. 26-29, 1977, Beirut-Lebanon. (Abstracts Book, p.27).
18. Cancer registration in Mosul area (10 years study 1986-1995) with A. Ismaeel, presented in the 3rd oncology conference of Middle East, Coral Beach Hotel, Beirut-Lebanon, 1-3 May, 1997. Proceedings & Abstract Book (como III) p.17, May 3rd, 1977.
19. Clinico-Pathological study of adult patients with proteinuria during the period (1996-1998) from Mosul – Iraq, presented in the XXXVI Congress of E. R. A. – E. D. T. A., Sept, 5-8, 1999. Madrid, Spain. Abstracts Book. P. 116.
20. Clinico–pathological study of adult patients with proteinuria during the period (1996-1999) from Mosul – Iraq, presented in the 6th Congress of the Arab Society of Nephrology and renal transplantation – Marrakech (Morocco) Feb 21-24, 2000.
21. Therapeutic Breastfeeding, presented in the 211st Annual meeting of Arabmed in Europe, Aug 6-12,2004, Istanbul-Turkey. Programme and abstracts. No. 102, PP 103-104.